Delicious Apple & Cheese Waffles
I would serve these for BLW babies 7-8m+ providing they don’t have any egg & dairy allergies. These make a really delicious breakfast or snacks for toddlers and adults too and they are 100% sugar free!
I have wanted a waffle machine for over a year now, but we just don’t have the space in our tiny kitchen! Last month, finallly bought myself a waffle machine! My own Christmas present. Hahaha! It’s actually a 4 in 1 machine which also makes sandwiches, paninis and doughnuts so I thought space or no space I’m getting this bad boy!
I made these delicious waffles for the boys and myself for breakfast one weekend and we all loved them! The recipe was inspired and adapted from my very talented mama Instagram friend @cookingforgrey Maple Pear Cheese Waffles, she is the ultimate waffle queen!
- 2 small Gala apples (grated) or other sweet apples
- 1/4 cup grated cheese of your choice (I used gruyer)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 large organic egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 flour of your choice (I used spelt)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Mix the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Move the dry mix to the wet mix and mix and until well combined.
- Add one heap of tablespoon each side to the pre-oiled waffle maker. The timing depends on the brand, it took my one 5 minutes to brown.