Vegetarian lasagne can taste just as good as meat lasagne. 😋 This is just one way of making it. You can use lasagne sheet as well.
Toddler J like it! 😄 Served with quinoa salad.
- 2 small aubergines / eggplants or one large
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes (fresh / tin) – I used 3 large sun riped tomatoes (skinned & de-seeded)
- 1 1/2 tbsp concentrated tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp herbs de province
- 1 large light mozzarella / 2 small
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Heat up a frying pan, add olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic together in medium heat until the onion turns golden brown. Add tomatoes and tomato paste and let it cook for 10 minutes. Add herbs and salt & pepper to taste. Set aside when it’s done.
- Cut the aubergine in 1 cm thick and fry in medium heat in without oil in a non stick frying pan for 1 minutes each side. They should be soft by now. Slice the mozzarella in thin slices. Just think how many you will need as they will go in between the aubergine slices.
- In a baking tray, cover the bottom with some tomato sauce. Lay one slice of aubergine add 1-2 tbsp of tomato sauce and then cover with mozzarella. Repeat this until you have mozzarella as the last layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm with fresh basil leaves.