This dish is super easy and quick to make when you cook it in a pressure cooker. It took only 30 mins including preparation. You can either serve this dish with pasta, rice or in my case I served it with spelt grains.
- 2 large aubergine / eggplants
- 5 sun riped tomatoes
- 1 large garlic clove or 2 small ones
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp tomato pure
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 feta cheese
- Dice the aubergine, de-seed the tomatoes and dice.
- Heat up the pressure cooker with olive oil.
- Throw everything in and start frying in medium heat.
- Add all the spice and fry until the aubergine start to change colour then add the water.
- Close the lid and start the timer for 15mins once you see the second orange ring.
- Once done, crumble the feta cheese and mix well before serving. 😋
I have a WMF pressure cooker so cooking instructions depend on your one brand and model.
I served this dish with pasta to my son and hubby, and to myself I served it with spelt grains. 🙂