After much looking around in the fridge and the cupboards the idea of cauliflower & quinoa patties was born. Hiding vegetables is the only way to get my kids to eat them.
These patties were so yummy that even me and my husbamd couldn’t stop munching! They’d be perfect for lunchboxes for Kindergarten / schools, and even for littler babies who have started to eat finger food.
Since this recipe was published I have made loads of different batches. Once with feta cheese and scallion / spring onion and it was a total game changer at home! Both my hubby and toddler son loved them. My son’s quote: “this is really nice mama!”. Wow, that just made day! It just proves that we should never give up trying and eventually we’ll get it right! 😊
Served approximately 16 pieces
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets / 1/2 medium size cauliflower
- 4 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup scallions / spring onions (or chives)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp himalayian salt (optional)
- 1 cup / pack of 200gr feta cheese (or grated cheese of your choice)
- zest of one lemon
- Wash and boil quinoa as per the packaging instructions.
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles cous cous.
- In a large bowl, whisk the 4 eggs together well then add the cauliflower.
- Add chives and oats and pulse a few times to roughly chop. Then add this to the egg bowl along with the cooked quinoa.
- Add chia seeds, salt, cheese, lemon zest and mix well.
- 6. Let the mixture rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees celcius with fan. Line the baking tray with a non stick baking sheet.
- Use a table spoon to scoop the cauliflower set onto the sheet and mould to a round shape. I flattened them to approx. 1-2cm thick.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes and serve warm.