Baked Salmon Kale Fish Balls
Here is another fun way to serve salmon and kale together to your kids and they won’t even notice them because they are so #delicious ! The texture is extremely soft and ideal for #blw babies from 6-7 months old!
I have a very fussy eater since he was a baby and I tend add veggies and hide them wherever possible. The smaller the bits the more likely he will eat them! I really envy parents who have good eaters!
These yummy fish balls also make a great #lunchbox lunch, simply preheat a little beforehand.
- 300 gr salmon fillet (cubed)
- 1 cup of kale (chopped) – I used frozen chopped kale
- 1 large carrot (chopped)
- 1 very large / 4 small shallot (sliced) or 1 small onion
- 1 1/2 cup cooked cous cous (I used leftover)
- 1 tsp pink salt ( avoid for babies under 12m )
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp organic coldpressed coconut oil
- Boil the cous cous and leave to cool down completely or use leftover.
- Put kale, carrot and onion/shallot in a food processor & blitz until the they look finely chopped, remove & rinse off the remains. Put the salmon in the food processor and blend for approxmiately 5 secs.
- Add 1 tsbp of coconut oil in a medium size fryin pan, keep it on medium heat. Add the kale mix and saute until the carrots is almost cooked. It will make the texture a lot nicer to chew for your toddler(s).
- Move all ingredients in to a large bowl. Add salt, lemon juice and mix well. Cover the bowls with cling film and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven at 190°C. Mould them into little/big balls and place over a pre-lined baking paper and baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Suitable for freezing. ❄❄❄