Beef and prunes make such a delicious combination! This makes a great toddler and family meal too when you add some seasoning. I would not puree and would serve it with brown rice or couscous. 😋
My little fussy eater loved it and finished his meal within 10 minutes! That is record time for his standard. lol
- 1 beef minute steak – lean minimal fat (approx. 80 gr)
- 5 prunes (free from additives) (Soaked in hot water)
- 1 small sweet potato (peeled & chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled & chopped)
- 1/2 large red onion (diced)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup of water
- 1tsp olive oil
- Place small a deep frying pan or saucepan that can be covered over medium high heat, and add 1tsp of olive oil. Add meat, brown them well on all sides then remove from pan.
- In the meantime soak the prunes in 1 cup of hot water.
- In the same pan add 1 tsp of olive oil, onion and sauté until it’s almost done then return meet to the pan. Add bay leaf, prunes and water.
- Bring to boil, lower the heat, cover with a lid and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Steam sweet potatoes and carrots for 12 minutes and pour over into a large deep bowl / blender when done.
- Add beef stew and more liquid if required to the sweet potatoes and blend until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Suitable for freezing.