Both my baby and I find that any purees with beetroot taste really good. Beetroots go so well with tofu. However, if you can get the Japanese silken tofu then get it or other soft tofu, as it has a much smoother texture, and taste wise is less dominating.
I couldn’t get it so I bought a western tofu from the local supermarket and I must say – I am not a big fan of it but the puree still tasted good :).
- 1 small beetroot (peeled & chopped), small ones taste sweeter then big ones
- 1/2 purple carrot (orange carrot is fine too) (peeled & chopped)
- 1 small potato (peeled & chopped)
- 1/2 sweet apple (peeled & chopped)
- 100gr tofu
- 100-150 ml liquid
- Steam the first 3 ingredients for 15min in a baby cook, remove and steam apple for 5 mins. (I had to steam my tofu with the apple as it was a bit hard)
- Or steam the first 3 ingredients in a steamer for 10 mins then add apple and steam for a further 5 mins.
- Add tofu and liquid and blend until desired consistency.