I stopped giving brown rice to our toddler son over a year ago when he turned really fussy with food. This week I’ve decided to re-introduce it to him. I must say that I didn’t expect him to eat much of this but to my surprise he really liked it!
So this dish is now approved to be served again. Our son loves parmesan with almost everything so I served this dish with a sprinkle of parmesan for him. 🙂
Served 2 adults and 1 toddler.
- 2 rice cups of brown rice
- 1 large zucchini
- 250 gr chestnut mushrooms
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic powder
- 1 tbsp vegatable oil (I used rapseed oil)
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- First boil the rice as brown rice takes longer to cook approximately 30mins.
- Cut the chicken into thin slices and put them into a bowl. Add salt, garlic, marjoram, oil and mix well then set aside.
- Cut the zucchini into half and then cut into thin slices, then slice the mushrooms.
- Use a non stick pan. Fry the chicken slices first until they are almost done. Pour them back into the bowl. Now fry the mushrooms until they are almost dry, thrown in the zucchini. Add a bit of water and cover with a lid for ca. 5 minutes, keep stiring in between.
- Once the zucchini is almost done add the chicken and mix well.
- By this time the rice should be ready. Scoop the rice out from the rice cooker into the pan, add soya sauce and mix all together.