Ginger, garlic and turmeric have a very long history of use in various forms of traditional/alternative medicine.
Ginger has been used to help digestion, reduce nausea and help fight the flu and common cold, to name a few.
Garlic is known to boost the function of the immune system.
Turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
After adding these three spices in my baby’s purees the last 3 days, my baby is almost recovered from his cold! I really think that these spices have helped his recovery. 👍 He has been sick for almost 2 weeks and we just couldn’t shake it off with medicin before.
- 1 cup of peas (fresh washed well/ frozen )
- 1 round / long zucchini (washed & chopped)
- 1 thin slice of ginger 1cm thick (peeled & sliced)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1 small garlic clove (crushed)
- 100gr chicken breast (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp grounded cardamon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 100-150ml liquid (breast milk, steamed water or pre-boiled water)
- Steam the first three ingredients together for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile sauté onions and garlic in olive oil. Until the colour of the onion is translucent, then add chicken, tumeric, cardamom and mix well.
- When the steamed vegetables are ready then add them into the chicken and mix well.
- Pour everything into a blender / bowl and blend until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Suitable for freezing.