I have an Avent baby cook “steam, flip & blend” and love it. I’ve used it with our first born and now with our second baby. If you don’t have a baby cook, a normal steamer and hand blender will do too.
Served 3 portions: 140ml / 5oz per portion
- 2 medium carrots (peeled & chopped)
- 1 medium potato (peeled & chopped)
- 1 small zucchini (washed & chopped)
- Cut all three ingredients into cubes ca. 2cm thick. Throw them all in a baby cook / steamer for 15 mins.
- If you want to use your own breast milk to blend then remove the water from the baby cook and wait until the vegetables have cooled down. Add 50ml to start with then slowly add more to get the consistency you want. I used 100 ml of my own breast milk. Alternatively, you can do the same with the liquid in the baby cook or use pre-boiled water.
- This is suitable for freezing. Do not freeze if you have used thawn breastmilk.