Super yummy Cheesy Spinach Tots!
I promise you even your fussy eaters will like them! At least my ones did. They would be perfect for lunchboxes or food on the go when you are out and about.
Suitable for BLW babies from 7-8m+ providing no egg and dairy allergies .
Health Facts – Did you know all this about spinach? I didn’t and thought it’s a good one to share with you.
Spinach is available all year round but is in season during the spring (March – June). It is well known for its nutritional qualities and has always been regarded as a plant with remarkable abilities to restore energy, increase vitality and improve the quality of the blood. There are sound reasons why spinach would produce such results, primarily the fact that it is rich in iron. Iron plays a central role in the function of red blood cells which help in transporting oxygen around the body, in energy production and DNA synthesis. Spinach is also an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C and folic acid as well as being a good source of manganese, magnesium, iron and vitamin B2. Vitamin K is important for maintaining bone health and it is difficult to find vegetables richer in vitamin K than spinach.
- 150gr fresh spinach leaves
- 2 medium carrots (grated or blitz in the food processor)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese of your choice (I used cheddar)
- 2 eggs .
- a pinch of pink salt (avoid for babies under 12m old).
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking sheet over the baking tray and spray / brush all over with olive oil.
- Wash the spinach and use a salad spinner to dry or towel dry.
- Put spinach in a non stick frying pan and sauté until is wilted then move over to a chopping board and chop into small bits.
- Move the spinach to a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it’s well combined.
- Shape and place them on the baking try. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Suitable for freezing