I made this delicious Creamy Dairyfree Chicken Stroganoff for lunch last weekend and everybody cleaned up their plates. Especially my 5 years old ( #fussyeater ) who absolutely loved it minus the musbrooms! He always picks out the mushrooms but I have hope that one day he will learn to love them!
I’ve served it with rice but it would go really well with pasta.
The best part is, this meal only took me 30 minutes to cook plus 10 min prep time which includes boling the rice too.
Check out the recipe below and save this for a busy day. The recipe is a lot simplier than it sounds!
For vegetarian or vegan just remove the chicken.
- 500 gr chicken breasts (sliced)
- 500 gr button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 medium onion (finely diced)
- 3 large garlic cloves (pressed)
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika powder
- a dash of black pepper powder .
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tbsp vegan cream fraiche .
- olive oil
- chopped parsley
- Heat up a large frying pan over medium heat with a couple of rounds of olive oil. Saute onion until translucent, Add garlic and stir for 30 secs.
- In a separate frying pan (at the same time), saute mushrooms until the juice has come out. Remove the juice then move them over to the onion pan and let cook for 5 mins, then move everything on to a plate.
- Marinate the chicken with 1 tsp sea salt and 1 tbsp olive oil. Back to the same pan, fry the chicken until no longer pink, add back the mushroom mix and keep stiring.
- Add flour in the chicken stock and stir then pour it over to the pan. Add paprika, salt, pepper and bay leaf and let cook for 5 mins or longer if you have time as that’s when more flavour will come out from the bay leaf.
- Just before serving, Add creme fraiche and chopped parsley.