Really delicious finger food for BLW babies, toddlers and even adults! A perfect addition to your kids’ lunchboxes. The best part is, they are super easy to make!
Lilbro had one and loved it but Big bro refused to even try! So he got his portion in a bowl for dinner instead.
- 150 gr lean minced / ground beef
- 3 large brown champignon mushroom (finely diced)
- 3 large broccoli florets (finely chopped)
- 1 large carrot (finely diced)
- 1 small red onion (finely diced)
- 1/2 large red bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1 bunch of parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cumin powder
- 1/4 coriander powder
- 1 tsp himalayian salt (no salt for babies under 12 months old)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100 gr feta cheese
- 250 gr rolled pastry dough – 30cm x 50cm (cute into 15 squares)
- Heat up a large frying pan, add oil, onion and fry until they have become slightly translucent then add carrot, mushroom and red bell pepper. Fry in medium heat for about 5 minutes then cover with a lid for another 5 minutes until the carrots are soft.
- Add beef and all the spices and salt. Keep stiring until the beef is cooked. (I took a portion out for Baby C first before I added beef and salt)
- Add parsley, give it a good a mix and then add feta cheese and mix again.
- Heat up the oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Used a spoon or an ice-cream spoon to scoop (I did and it gave me a perfect portion for each wrap) and place the filling in the middle of the wrap. Fold it diagonally and pressed the edges together.
- Place the empañadas on a non stick baking sheet then use a fork to press down the edges again.
- Bake them for 15 minutes or until they are golden brown. Serve warm.