Week nights mean easy and quick meals and preferably under 1 hour to from the kitchen to the dinner table. You can’t go wrong with this easy one pot quinoa.
This recipe was developed when I only had very few ingredients left to cook with as it was one day before my food shopping day.
Suitable for BLW babies 8m+ due to the acidity of the tomatoes, but yummy enough for the whole family!
Boiling quinoa on its own can be fairly boring and quite tasteless unless it’s accompanied by a tasty sauce, stew or salad. This one pot quinoa is so easy to make, it’s delicious and the best part is no need to cook the main dish, because this is the main dish!
Suitable for vegan, perfect for busy moms, working moms or sahm on a busy day.
Served 2 adults and 2 toddlers.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 4 tomatoes (finely diced)
- 1 medium onion (finely diced)
- 1 medium yellow / green zucchini (I used yellow) (finely diced or grated)
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- pink salt to taste (avoid for babies under 1 year old)
- a dash of garlic powder (optional)
- olive oil
- Sauté onion first until translucent then add tomatoes and sauté until soft, add the zucchini last and sauté until cooked. Add salt, tumeric and garlic powder to taste.
- Prepare quinoa as per packaging instructions. Add water and all the vegetables from the pan and cook per usual.
- Give it a stir at half time. Once cooked use a fork or chop sticks to gentle turn the quinoa. At this point you can add more salt if required.