If you are a ginger lover then you will love this dish. It’s so simple and quick to make! Toddler son finished all the rice and pork but only half the amount of green beans! Sigh. 🙈
I am feeling a bit under the weather lately so made loads of ginger to boost my immune system!
Ginger has a very long history of use in various forms of traditional/alternative medicine. Ginger has been used to help digestion, reduce nausea and help fight the flu and common cold, to name a few.
Served 2 adult and 1 toddler
- 300-350gr lean pork loin (sliced into thin strips) – can be substituted with chicken
- 250 gr green beans (washed, trimmed top and tail)
- 1/4 cup ginger (sliced into thin strips)
- 2 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp himalayian salt
- 1 tsp roasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil (not olive oil)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsbp corn flour
- Put the meat in a bowl and add 1 tbsp soya sauce, salt, sesame oil and 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Give it a good mix.
- Heat up the wok pan on max and throw the meat in and keep stirring until the meat has changed colour but not completely cooked. Remove from pan and add ginger. Keep the heat on max.
- Stir until the ginger is cooked then add green beans, 1 tbsp soya sauce and 1/2 cup water, cover with a lid and reduce the heat to medium high. Check after few minutes, give it a quick stir and cover the lid again.
- After about 5 – 10 minutes the water may has evaporated, then add 1/2 cup water. By this time the green beans should be crunchy but if you want then softer then cover the lid again for another few minutes. In the mean time prepare 1/2 cup water with corn flour. This is to thicken up the sauce.
- Once you’re happy with the green beans, increase the heat to max, add the meat back and give it a good stir for 1 minute. Just before serving add the water with corn flour. Stir until the sauced has thicken up. If too thick add slightly more water, it too thin mix a little more water with corn flour and add to the wok.
- Serve with jasmine perfume rice or any other side dish as you prefer. Enjoy!