Chickpea Nachos or Tortilla Chips whichever word you use it doesn’t change the fact that these are so delicious!
Such a great and healthy snacks packed with protein for babies & toddlers. Served plain or with guacamole.
I cannot stress enough how delicious these pure goodness chickpea nachos are! Once you try this recipe, you will NOT go back to store bought ones! Me and my boys almost finished the batch before dinner time! Bad move from mama! Guess who didn’t eat his dinner . These are 100% vegan and glutenfree! Try them and and let me know your feedback. 😉
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp pink / sea salt (avoid for babies under 12 months old)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp milled black pepper
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil / olive oil
- 3 tbsp – 1/4 cup warm water
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Add chickpea flour, salt, pepper and baking powder into a medium bowl and give it a good mix. Add melted coconut oil / olive oil and mix with a fork and then fingers until the dough is crumbly. Add warm water and stir until the dough comes together. If the dough is too dry and crumbly then add more water, a teaspoon at a time, until it does. Do not overwork the dough.
- Mould the dough into a ball and place it onto a baking sheet and flatten into a rough disc. Place another sheet of baking sheet on top of the dough and using a rolling pin, roll out as thin as possible. The thinner the dough, the lighter and crispier your nachos will be. Remove the top layer of baking sheet and slice the dough into triangles. Slide the baking paper and dough onto a baking tray and place in the oven. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the the edges start to turn golden.
- Let them cool down and serve the nachos with guacamole or simply on their own.
- Store them to in airtight container up to one week.