Halloumi Beef Kofta – These kofta turned out seriously delicious! The halloumi and zucchini made them lovely and moist in the middle. These would make a great addition to lunchboxes! Yum!
Suitable for 12 months up and freezable.
Update: 30th March 2017. My toddlers finished all the koftas on their plate but didnt touch the tabouleh, so I gave them half a pita bread and they ate them all.
I served them with homemade tabouleh, store bought pita bread, homemade tatziki and ate them like a kebab.
- 500g organic ground beef (or lamb)
- 1 pack halloumi 150g (grated)
- a large bunch of flat parsley (chopped)
- 2 large garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 medium yellow onion (grated)
- 1/4 cup cooked cous cous (leave to cool)
- 1 small or 1/2 large zucchini (grated)
- salt & pepper (optional)
- juice of 1/2 large lemon
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 coriander powder
- Put grated zucchini and onion and sprinkle a little salt on them in a bowl, this will draw out the water in them. Leave them for a minute then squeeze them between your hands a few times to remove the water.
- Add the rest of your ingredients and mix well. Then roll them into your desired shape.
- Fry in olive oil over medium heat.
Serve with tabouleh, pita bread and tzatziki. Yum!