These kofta turned out super delicious! The halloumi and zucchini make them lovely and moist in the middle. 👍👍👍
My toddler son finished all the koftas on his plate but didnt touch the tabouleh, so i gave him half a pita bread and he ate it all. 🙈 At least I tried!
I served them for us with homemade tabouleh, pita bread and tatziki and ate them like a kebab.
- 500g beef mince (or lamb)
- 1 pack halloumi (grated)
- a bunch of parsley (chopped)
- 2 large garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 onion (grated)
- 1/4 cup (full) pre-cooked cous cous
- 1 small or 1/2 large zucchini (grated)
- salt & pepper (optional)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 coriander powder
- Put grated zucchini and onion and sprinkle a little salt on them in a bowl, this will draw out the water in them. Leave them for a minute then squeeze them between your hands a few times to remove the water.
- Add the rest of your ingredients mix well. I used my hands to work on the mixture. Then roll them into your desired shape.
- Fry in olive oil.
- Serve with tabouleh, pita bread and tzatziki 😋