Ooooh, these veggies quiche cupcakes taste sooo good! 😋 They are so moist and soft in the middle, perfect for babies who are starting to eat solid, baby-led-weaning babies, toddlers and older kids. If you are looking for something new to make for your kids to take to nurseries, kindergartens or schools as afternoon snacks/zvieri, I highly recommend these ones. They can be eaten warm or cold.
My baby boy is now 10 months old and he has started to show interest in chewing and eating solid food. So I made these and gave him half to try and I am so super pleased that he really liked them, even though he spitted everything out after a while!🙈 It is his new way of tasting the food nowadays. 😄
You can pretty much use whatever vegetables you fancy. Next time I’ll make it with sweet potatoes, peas and maybe even thrown in red lentils.
Some filling ideas
- Sweet potato (steamed & mashed)
- cauliflower (chopped / pulsed)
- broccoli (chopped)
- peas (steamed)
- carrots (grated)
- zucchini (grated)
- aubergine / eggplant (quick steam)
- green beans (steamed)
- spring onion
- feta cheese or other goat cheese for dairy free option
- 3 cups of mixed vegetables of your choice. I used the following to give you an idea.
– 1/2 large zucchini (grated)
– 2 carrots (peeled & grated)
– 1/2 small hokkaido pumpkin (peeled & chopped)
– a handful of green beans
- 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese (or any cheese of your choice, for a saltier taste you can use cheddar, parmesan or greyer)
- 3 large organic free range eggs
- 1 1/2 cup spelt flour (can be substituted with normal flour, coconut flour or almond flour)
- 1 pot (150gr) natural greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted (or vegetable oil)
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- Steam pumpkin and green beans together for 10 mins and then mash (not blend).
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Meanwhile grate the zucchini and carrots.
- Stir together the flour, greek yogurt, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. In a small bowl beat egg with a fork. Stir in oil. Pour all at once into the well in the flour mixture. Mix quickly and lightly with a fork or spoon then add all the vegetables and mix well.
- Pour the batter into paper lined muffin pan cups or directly into a muffins form.
- Bake for 20-25 minus or until the top looks golden brown. Serve warm or cold.