Kohlrabi also know as German Turnip or Turnip Cabbage, has even more Vitamin C than oranges! I love eating raw Kohlrabi as a healthy snack. I usually cut then thinly and eat with dinner or when watching telly. 😋
Many people believe that oranges and other citrus fruits are the ultimate vitamin C champions. Well, guess what, raw turnip cabbage, or kohlrabi, contains even more vitamin C than fresh oranges! It also contains more vitamin C than red cabbage, a cruciferous vegetable that has become famous for its exceptionally high levels of vitamin C.
Source: http://www.healwithfood.org /health-benefits/eating-kohlrabi-good-for-you.php#ixzz3bLquMc00
- 1/4 of a large Kohlrabi or 1/2 of a small one (peeled & chopped)
- 1/2 sweet potato (peeled & chopped)
- 2 Carrots (peeled & chopped)
- 50ml liquid
- Steam all 3 ingredient for 15 mins.
- Add liquid and blend until you get your desired consistency.
- Suitable for freezing.