(The best ) Lemon Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins or turn this into a cake. I have made both. I swear that buttermilk has a lot to do with the fluffiness and softness of these muffins!
Suitable for 12 months plus.
I promise, you and your kids will love them! It’s a MUST TRY. 👍 Perfect for kids #lunchbox .
They don’t taste too sweet but I find them perfect for our kids and myself too, so if you would like your sweeter then add more sugar.
Served 13-14 mini muffins.
- 1 1/2 cup flour of your choice (I used oat flour)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- zest from 1 large lemon (best to use organic otherwise get one that is not waxed)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract / powder .
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pink / sea salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 200gr fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven at 180º C. In a large bowl, combined coconut oil with lemon zest and sugar. Then add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, add 1 1/2 cups of flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg batter a little at a time, alternating with the buttermilk. Fold in the blueberries at the end.
- Grease a muffin tray with oil. Spread the batter into tray. Bake for 20-25mins minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool it before serving.