Super delicious Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes that the whole family will enjoy!
Suitable for babies 7-8m+ (if no dairy and egg allergies)
These are one of out favourite pancakes to make, the texture is thicker than normal pancakes but I think they are delicious like that and Lilbro munched 1.5 pancakes before his older brother even started! Hahaha 😂
My older toddler son loves his pancakes with honey and so do I.
- 2 eggs
- 250g ricotta
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder / extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup oat flour (or flour of your choice)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or honey, cane sugar, coconut sugar or anyone of your choice and add more for a sweeter taste)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of pink salt
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries (frozen are fine too but let them thaw before cooking)
- coconut / oluve oil for frying
- In a dry bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar (if you use dry sweetener). In a wet bowl add eggs, milk, ricotta, lemon juice, vanilla extract or powder, maple syrup (if you use wet sweetener) and gently whisk together.
- Sift in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Don’t over beat the batter. It will be thicker than normal pancake batter. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Heat up a nonstick pan over low-medium heat. Grease with a small amount of coconut oil and pour one heap of table spoon of the batter onto the pan, add more if you want your pancakes bigger. Fry until golden and set on the underside, gently flip and cook the other side until browned and cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with extra blueberries, maple syrup, honey or any toppings of your choice.
We ate our ones with honey and they were super delicious!