At 6 months soft, ripe fruit without the skin is the perfect food. Fresh fruit not only tastes better but it prevents babies from getting constipated. Summer is the perfect time to try soft fruits with babies. For younger babies mash/puree it and spoon feed and for older babies cut it up into small pieces as finger foods.
- 2 ripe nectarines (removed skin & cut)
- 1 ripe pear (peeled & cut)
- 1/2 ripe banana
- For younger babies, steam pear and nectarines together for 5 mins. Then add banana and blend together until you get your desired consistency.
- Add the steamed liquid / breast milk if required.
- For older babies blend all 3 ingredients until you get your desired consistency.
- Add some pre-boiled water / breast milk if required.