Paleo Banana, Pecan & Chocolate Chips Muffins – These grain free muffins are super delicious and make a perfect addition to lunchboxes!
Due to chocolate chips hava refined sugar and pecan nuts, these are suitable for 12m+.
I made these super yummy paleo muffins a few weeks ago and my kids were completely blown away by them! You can tell in the picture that they were both fighting for the biggest piece and I only had a couple of seconds to shoot before everything turned into crumbles!
Made 12 small & 2 large muffins.
- 2 large ripe bananas (better if they have brown dots)
- 2 eggs (whipped separately)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla powder / essence
- 2 tbsp raw honey (optional)
- 1/4 cup avocado / coconut oil (I used avocado)
- 1.5 cups / 150 gr almond meal (best to measure)
- 1 tsp baking powder .o
- 1 tsp baking soda .
Extra & optional.
- 1/4 cup chopped pecan + extra for topping
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips .
- 50 gr 70% quality chocolate (broken into small chunks)
- Preheat the oven to 175° C.
- Mix the wet & dry ingredients in separate bowls. Pour the wet to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add pecan and chocolate chips and gently fold.
- Oil the muffin forms and fill them up. Push one piece of chocolate chunk into each muffin and sprinkle with chopped pecan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or check with a toothpick, they are ready if it comes out non-sticky.