Paleo Sweet Potato Waffles – such a yummy treat for breakfast, lunch or even dinner!
These grain free, gluten free and dairy free waffles are packed with nutritious ingredients and are unbelievably fluffy. If you have not yet tried waffles made with almond and coconut flours before, it’s time to do it! I promise, you will love these!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsps coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 medium sweet potato (steamed and mashed / pureed)
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract / powder
- 1-2 tbsps maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsps melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond / coconut milk
Topping in this picture: sliced bananas, peanut butter / almond butter for strict Paleo diet, hemp seeds.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, mash / puree the sweet potato , then add eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, coconut oil, and almond milk. Either use a hand blender, electric mixer or mix it by hand.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and beat until well combined.
- Cook in the waffle iron a little longer than you normally would with normal flour. This will create the crispiness.