Millet is not just for the birds. When you find out all the benefits of millet nutrition, you’ll want to include this grain-like seed in your own diet! It is also a great substitute to couscous.
Millet is full of nutrients your body needs, such as:
- parsnip (peeled & chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled & chopped)
- 20gr chicken breast (cut in small pieces)
- 120ml steamed liquid / breast milk
- 2 tbps millet seeds
- 1 cup water
- Soak and wash millet seeds before cooking.
- Put 2 tbps of millet seeds and 1 cup water into a small saucepan and stir.
- Let it boil and then turn down to the lowest heat and let it simmer for 20 mins.
- Steam parsnip and carrots together for 15 mins in a baby cook / steamer. Keep the steamed water afterwards for later.
- Add 120ml of steamed liquid or breast milk and blend until you get your desired consistency.
- Add a small knob of butter into a frying pan and fry the chicken in medium heat for 2-3mins.
- Add millet and chicken and blend once more until it’s fully mixed.