This week at #HealthyKidsCommunity is especially exciting – there are Plan-ahead Breakfasts AND Oogaa PRIZES!!!
Plan-Ahead Breakfasts is our chosen theme as we all could use some fresh ideas for easy, delicious, nutritious breakfasts that one can throw together last minute… especially if we happen to be woken up hours before planned!
Thanks to Sam, there 🎁 WILL BE AWESOME OOGAA PRIZES 🎁for you if you post your own breakfast ideas this week using our tags!!! CLICK HERE TO ENTER THE CONTEST!
My entry dish for this week’s challenge is Pumpkin Corn Bread, served with 1 tbsp natural Greek yogurt with pomegranates and some more on the side. I have made this the day before and just before serving I took a few pieces out from the fridge and heated them up in the oven for 5 minutes in oogaa divider plate before serving. This is great for BLW babies & toddlers to enjoy as breakfast or as snack time. Slice the rest in little portion slices and freeze!
This pumpkin corn bread has ZERO sugar and they taste so good! I have created this recipe specifically for BLW babies and toddlers but it’s just as yummy for adults to enjoy too (at least I do!)
- 1/2 medium pumpkin (peeled, seeds removed & cut) or 1 1/2 cup mashed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup normal flour
- 1/2 cup corn flour (polenta)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp natural Greek yogurt
- 2 medium organic free range eggs
- 1/4 cup flax seed oil
- 1/2 cup of mature cheddar cheese or any cheese of your choice
- Roasted flaxseeds as garnish (optional)
- a knob of butter / oil for greasing the baking form
- Steam the pumpkin for 15 mins and then mash not puree.
- Prehet the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, yogurt, baking powder and baking soda. Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, add the oil and stir in well. Pour all at once into the well in the flour mixture. Mix quickly and lightly with a fork or spoon then add all the mashed pumpkin mix well and last add the cheese.
- Grease the baking form (ca. 28cm x 23cm) with butter or oil then pour the batter into form.
- Bake for 20-25 minus or until the top looks golden brown or poke a stick through, if it comes out non sticky then its done. Serve warm or cold.
- Suitable for freezing.