October means it’s Halloween season! I love seeing so many creative and spooky creations from all the talented food bloggers! My boys are old enough to enjoy it this year. My little one is obsessed with spiders! haha
As pumpkins are in season and I see them everywhere, it’s so difficult not to make something of it This dish is called Ipsy Vipsy Pumpkin Falafel.
I swear they turned out sooo deliiicious! It’s a must try recipe! Lilbro loved them but fussy toddler J refused to try! 🙈
- 250gr / 1/2 medium pumpkin (peeled and sliced)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup / 200 gr chickpeas no added salt (drained)
- 1 garlic clove (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp coriander podwer
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp himalayian salt (optional, no salt for babies under 12 months)
- Pre-heat the oven on 200° C / 400°F.
- Put the pumpkin slices in a baking tray, add oilve oil and give them a good mix and roast for 40 mininutes or until they are soft.
- In a food processor, add chickpeas, garlic, parsley, coriander powder, cumin powder, baking powder and blend until the consistency is smooth enough for the your baby / toddler to chew. Move the mixture over to a large bowl.
- Let the pumpkin cool down first. Then move the pumkin to the chickpeas mixture. Use a fork to mash the pumpkin and then give it a good mix, cover up with cling film and let it stand for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Lay a non-stick baking sheet over a baking tray and brush the sheet over with some olive oil. Then use an ice cream scoop to scoop up and mould it into a ball shape, repeat this step with the rest of the mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until they have turned golden brown and slighlty hard on the outside.