I’m sharing a favourite in the house Stuffed Quinoa Red bell Peppers!
Suitable for BLW babies from 7-8 months+ providing no dairy allergy or simply omit the cheese.
These always turned out so yummy and loaded with protein, veggies and healthy grains, a great combination for a healthy, balanced meal for your babies / toddlers and the rest of the family. A super yummy festive dish!
If you have left over cooked quinoa in the fridge, you can easily whip these up in 10 minutes and bake for 30-45 minutes, depending how soft you want the bell peppers to be. Make sure you have laid out all the ingredients before preparation.
By cutting them side way as opposed cut off the top; 1. you double the amount of portions, 2. they get cooked quicker, 3. perfect little portions for your kids or as starters. 👌👊
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chickpeas (I used store bought tin with salt so that I didn’t have to add too much salt in the mixture)
- 1 large tomato (finely diced)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional / omit for vegan or dairy allergy)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (for topping)(optional / omit for vegan or dairy allergy)
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion / scallions or fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- a pinch of pink salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste (optional and omit for babies under 12m old)
- 3 large red bell peppers / capsicum (washed, cut side ways and de-seeded)
- Preheat oven at 200° C / 400°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, chickpeas, tomatoes, feta cheese, parsley, cumin, garlic, onion, salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the filling into each half of the bell peppers and sprinkle with cheddar cheese in top.
- Place on prepared baking dish and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through, about 30 minutes or longer if you prefer the red bell peppers to be softer. Serve immediately.