I came back from the farmer’s market with these two goodies on Friday!
I saw this beautiful vegetable a couple years ago and my first thought was “what kind of alien vegetable is this!?”
It carries the name broccoli but looks more like a cauliflower and yet tastes like a bit of both.
I thought I bought sugar snap peas but as I started trimming top and tails they seemed to be a bit tough for sugar snaps…asked my hubby and he said these are sugar peas and that you can eat them raw too. I tried and I must say these are yummy! 😋
My baby loved this puree! 🙂
- 5 large florets of romanesco broccoli
- 20 sugar peas, yielded 1/2 cup
- 80-100ml liquid, I used my breastmilk today and it made it so creamy!
- 2 tbsp Hipp baby millet flakes
- 1 tsp baby cold pressed raps seed oil or other vegetable oi
- Steam together for 15mins
- Add liquid and blend
- Add Hipp baby millet flakes. This is so easy to include in the baby meals. The flakes are so smooth that they dissolve straight away in the purees.
- Add oil and mix well before serving
- This is suitable for freezing. Do not freeze if you have used thawn beastmilk.