This Broccoli & Zucchini Quiche is ok tongive to BLW 7-8m+ if no egg & dairy allergies.
Both toddlers loved it! Lilbro finished everything on this plate and had a refill (same amount) finished them too minus the pastry 2nd round. 😄 Quiche is a great dish for BLW babies. They are soft and you can pack it with any kind of vegetables you want.
I was feeling very lazy and didn’t want to make the dough from scratch so I used up the puff pastry dough instead which to my surprise tasted really good! 😄
1 medium zucchini (grated)
6 broccoli florets (break into smaller florets)
2 free range eggs
180 ml semi-skimmed milk
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
a pinch of pink salt (omit for babies under 12 m old.)
1 sheet store bought puff pastry (optional as you can make your own)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spread the pasty sheet evenly on the quiche baking tray.
2. Sauté grated zucchini on medium high heat without oil until it’s cooked, remove from the hob. Blanch the broccoli for about 2mins then rinse under ice old water.
3. Beat the eggs with milk and add salt and pepper then half the amount of the cheese.
4. Spread the zucchini over the baking tray then broccoli. At the end pour the egg mixture over and sprinkle with the rest of the grated cheese.
5. Bake for 40-45mins or until golden brown. Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.