- 8-12 king prawns, peeled, deveined, and butterflied or buy the ones that are already done.
- rice noodles 0.5mm thick – 200g
- 2 / 3 eggs (optional)
- 2 cups shredded chinese cabbage
- 2 large carrot
- 1 spring onion
- 1 large sharlotte
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil / veg oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (add more for more spice)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon rice wine / white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Pinch of white pepper
- Rinse the prawns and pat dry and set aside. Soak the rice noodles in cold water for about 10-15mins. Drain the noodles and set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and make a thin omelet and then cut into thin strips about 2 cm thick and set aside. Cut the chinese cabbage, carrot, sharlotte into thin slices and set aside.
- Heat the wok on the highest setting and add oil, shrimp and stir-fry for about 20 seconds. Add the carrot and stir fry for 1 min.
- Then add the chinese cabbage and onion and stir-fry for about 30 seconds. Then sprinkle the curry powder evenly over the mixture.
- Add the rice noodles, rip them into manageable 10 -15 cm lengths for easy eating later. Mix the salt and rice wine/ vinegar well in a small bowl (until salt has melted) then pour it over the noodles evenly.
- Keep stiring and turning the noodles so that they won’t stick to the wok. If they get sticky then add some more oil at the bottom.
- Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, white pepper, spring onion and the eggs. Mix thoroughly again for another few minutes.
- Add more sesame oil and soy sauce if required (according to your taste).
Serve immediately with some fresh coriander. 😋