This combination was a total hit with our son. He cleaned up in 5 minutes and even wanted to eat the bowl. I made this puree to him when he was almost 7 months old.
Spinach and potato together give a very bland taste, hence, I’ve added zucchini to this mix to give it a sweeter flavour.
Served 2 portions of 140ml / 5oz
- a handful of washed spinach
- 1 medium potato (peeled & cut)
- 1/2 of a medium zucchini (wahed & cut)
- 50ml breast milk / pre-boiled water
- Put zucchini and potato into the baby cook and steam for 15 mins. Meanwhile boil the spinach for 3-5mins or until it’s soft. For a steamer, steam for 10 minutes, then add thw spinach and steam for another 5mins.
- If you want to use your own breast milk to blend then remove the water from the baby cook and wait until the vegetables have cooled down. Add 50ml to start with then slowly add more to get the consistency you want. I only used 50 ml of my own breast milk. Alternatively, you can do the same with the liquid in the baby cook or use pre-boiled water.
- This is suitable for freezing. Do not freeze if you have used thawn breast milk.