This is a very healthy and yummy if you like ginger. 😉 Serve with jasmin thai rice.
I usually remove the ginger before serving our toddler son.
Serve 4 adults & 1 toddler
- 600gr Salmon fillet
- 40 gr ginger (approximately 7cm long and 3cm thick)
- 2 stalks of spring onion
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbps fish sauce (make sure the fish sauce doesn’t have any other ingredients apart from water, salt & anchovy extract)
- 1 cup of water
- Cut the salmon fillet into squares and put them into a bowl that will go in the steamer.
- Peel the ginger, cut into very thin slices then cut again into long thin strips.
- Cut the spring onion.
- Add salt, fish sauce and mix. Then add ginger, spring onion, water and mix well.
- I used my WMF pressure cooker to steam. Put the bowl in to the pressure cooker once the water is boiled. Wait until you see the second ring (orange) is up then time for 15 mins. If you plan to cook a smaller portion then time for 7-10min (depending on the size of the portion).
- For a normal steamer I think it would take about take 20-25 min. Check the fish after 15mins. If you plan to cook a smaller portion then I think steaming for 10-15 mins is enough.
- Serve warm with jasmin than rice. 😋