Kale, Peas, Pear, Mint and Wheat Germ Puree [6-8m+]
Kale is considered to be a “superfood” because it is packed with essential nutrients, fiber and protein. Kale is not just for adults, babies and kids need them too!
Wheat Germ is a simple way to boost nutrition in your baby’s food. It is so easy to incorporate into baby’s diet, add fruit & veggie purees, in to yogurts and even in baking!
A friend once told me that any fruits and vegetables with a name begins with a letter “P” aids constipation and I believe her, it’s true!
Baby boy enjoyed this puree!!! 🙂 I served him one meal in NomNomKids food pouch.
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen kale – go for fresh if you can buy (not in season here to buy fresh! 😣)
- 2 pears – ripe if possible (peels, cored & chopped)
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 5 mint leaves
- liquid approximately 100 ml
- Steam everything except for wheat germ & mint together for 12 mins.
- Add wheat germ, mint leaves, liquid and blend until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Suitable for freezing.