I made this dish for both boys. Older brother had it with lots of parmesan cheese on top and for baby brother I have blended it to a puree. I would recommend this for babies 7-8m+, just remove a portion before adding salt.
Hidden vegetables is the only way to get my toddler son to eat nowaways. He loves pasta with tomato sauce and cheese so this one went down really well.
- 4 sunripe tomatoes (de-seeded & chopped)
- 2 small aubergine / eggplants or 1 large (chopped)
- 1 small red bell peppar (cored & chopped)
- 1 garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup cheese of your choice (I used parmesan)
- a sprinkle of salt (optional)
- 1 cup organic wholemeal pasta
- Boil the pasta first, and preheat the oven at 200 degrees celcius.
- Put everything apart from cheese into a pressure cooker and fry until the the tomatoes and aubergine have soften and then cook under pressure for 5 minutes or until aubergine is soft in a normal saucepan.
- Take a portion out before adding salt for the little one to make puree.
- Mix the pasta, sauce, salt and cheese in a baking tray, sprinkle more cheese on top and bake for approximately 30 minutes. Alternatively, just serve pasta with the sauce and cheese. My son had both.