Vanilla Pudding with Raspberry Sauce. 😋
My kids love pudding and I hate the store bought ones that they get from my MIL or at school! My older one is obsessed with pudding and every time we passed by the pudding isle at the supermarket he would always give me such a hard time! Sigh! I admit that I have given in to him in the past but not anymore!
Homemade version taste just as good if not better and the best part is there is no added nasty refined sugar! 👌#kidsapproved
The only sweetness comes from maple syrup so even older babies [8m+ if no egg allergy] can enjoy a teaspoon or two. I would keep this as a special treat as opposed to serve this to them on a regular basis.
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch / potatostarch
- 1 heap tbsp of maple syrup
- a pinch of pink salt
- 1 very small egg / half of a medium or large.
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder / essence
- 2 cups of fresh /frozen raspberries (I used frozen)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- In a small saucepan add the cornstarch and salt. In a separate bowl beat the egg until no more lumps of egg white. Add in the milk and whisk to well combined, pour into saucepan and add maple syrup.
- Cook over medium heat, keep whisking the entire time until bubbles form and mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Leave to cool down slightly and stir occasionally to prevent lumps.
- Pour the pudding in individual cups or dipping bowls. Cover with cling film and refrigerate until the pudding has firmed up.
- In a small saucepan cook the raspberries over medium heat until soft, mash them up with a fork and mix in maple syrup. Top warm or cold sauce or sauce of your choice over the pudding. Yum!