First week back to daycare for the kids went really well. I was worried that Lilbro C would start crying again but he was actually really happy to be back! Yay! 👍
Things are slowly returning to normality at home which means I’ll more time to post my recipes! 😄 Stay tuned people I have some really awesome recipes coming up! 😉
My first recipe post in 2016 is a vegan dish! I have started following more and more vegan accounts lately and not because I want to convert (hubby would divorce me if I did! lol 😂 ) but it’s because all the recipes that I have seen just look so mouthwatering!
So today I thought I’d do a vegan version of my Mushroom Carbonara. Oh boy in tasted soooo goooood! I have substituted dairy cream with my homemade cashew nut cream.
Just so my hubby doesn’t feel meat deprived I added left over turkey breast from yesterday at the end for him and toddler J. Lilbro C couldn’t get enough of it!
Consult your paediatrician first if you are unsure about giving nut cream to your baby. The latest research has shown that it’s better to give nuts to babies earlier better than later, providing no nut allergy in the family.
- 250gr brown champion or other mushrooms (sliced but not so thin)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 large shallot / small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup vegetable stock (homemade or choose low salt)
- 3/4 cup cashew nut cream (add more to get a creamier taste)
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 2 tsp worcester sauce (can be substituted with fresh lemon juice)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- salt & pepper to taste (no salt for babies under 12 months old)
- 250gr spaghetti
- Roast the mushrooms in a non stick frying pan over medium heat without oil until they are nice & plump. Remove from the pan. Boil the spaghett until al dente (slightly hard in the middle).
- Melt coconut oil in the same pan, add shallot and garlic. Sauté until the shallot is golden brown. Add thyme, stir for 10 seconds then add broth, cashew nut milk, soya sauce, worcester sauce, salt & pepper.
- Add the spaghetti to that sauce, mix well and serve immediately. Or serve with any type of pasta.
Enjoy! Kat xxx