Here is another “One Pot Meal” – I love one pot meals, especially the ones that go into the oven. This vegan one pot vegetables rice is so delicious and is my go for meals. It has never let me down, the rice always turns out super fluffy and flavoursome! My whole family loves it.
When Lilbro was still a baby, I used to make separate a small portions in ramekins before adding salt. This was one of his favourite BLW dish. 🙂
Suitable for babies 7 months and above.
- 200gr mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 butternut squash / 2 large carrots (peeled & grated)
- 1 small zucchini (peeled & grated)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 cup basmati rice (or long grain rice, rinse properly)
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/4 cashew cream (I used homemade)
- 1/2 tsp salt (no added salt for babies under 12m)
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. In a large frying pan heat up oil and sauté onion, butternut squash and zucchini ovet medium heat until softened, add garlic, stir fry for 1 min.
- Move everything into a baking tray. Add raw rice, 1/4tsp salt, cashew cream to the baking tray. Mix well.
- Back to the frying pan add a bit more oil, add mushrooms and sauté until they have shrunk in shape, add 1/4 tsp salt and stir fry until cooked.
- Top the rice mixture with the mushrooms. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 45 mins or until the rice is done. Taste the rice half way, add more liquid if your rice needs it and bake for a bit longer.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.