So, here’s the outcome of the previous post on Instagram! The purple vegetable is called purple Kohlrabi,this vegetable has more vitamin C than orange! These were all the vegetables I could find in my fridge so you can do your own version as well! I made my own vegetable broth with these mixed vegetables for the risotto. 👊
Health benefits of …Kohlrabi
Kohlrabi, pronounced ‘cole-rah-bee’ is part of the cabbage family. The name translates as ‘turnip cabbage’ and the mild, sweet flavour is somewhere between a turnip and a waterchestnut, with a crisp, crunchy texture. It can be found in two colours, pale green and the less common purple. Kohlrabi is a hardy, annual vegetable that is primarily consumed in Germanic countries.
Kohlrabi is so highly valued in countries and cuisines around the world not only for its diversity in cooking applications, but also because it is full of nutrients and minerals like copper, potassium, manganese, iron, and calcium, as well as vitamins, such as vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, vitamin A, and vitamin K. Along with that, kohlrabi is also high in dietary fiber and antioxidant compounds, such as phytochemicals and various carotenes.
The beautiful white meal set is by Replay Recycled – I’m working on finalising my review on this amazing product! ✌
- 4 large broccoli florets (washed cut into small parts)
- 1 small red bell pepper (washed, cored & diced)
- 1/2 small sweet potato (peeled & diced(
- 3 cauliflower florets (washed & cut into small parts)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 small purple kohlrabi (peeled & diced)
- 1/2 cup risotto rice (washed before to remove starch)
- 50gr unsalted butter
- 1/4 grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp himalayian salt
- Boil 3 liters water to boil, throw in all veggies except for onion in a large pot and boil in low heat for 15 mins.
- Heat up a non stick frying pan, add butter and onion, fry until it’s translucent then add rice and stir until the rice has absorb the butter.
- Add broth broth with vegetables one scoop at a time until it covers the rice. keep stiring and add more broth and repeat until the rice is cooked. Freeze the leftover broth for future use.
- Add salt, parmesan and mix well before serving. I removed a portion for baby brother before adding salt.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan on top.