Our toddler son liked this with loads of parmesan cheese on top. 😄 😋
- 2 large aubergine (cut in half)
- 1 zucchini (cut in thick slices long way)
- 1 tin of plum tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves (crushesd)
- 200g ricotta Cheese
- 100g parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 splash of balsamic vinegar
- a handful of fresh basil (sliced)
- olive oil for frying
- 6 lasagne sheets
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Throw 6 lasagne sheet into a pot of boiling water, turn down the heat
- Cut the aubergine and zucchini then place them in a pan and add some water. Cover the pan with a lid. Let it steam for 15 mins. Once the aubergine is soft, remove all from pan, scope the flesh out and throw away the skin.
- Add some olive oil to fry the crushed garlic for 30 seconds, then add aubergine and zucchini. Crushed them with a wooden spoon and fry for 10mins.
- Add tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar and salt.
- Spread a layer of the sauce in a baking tray. Spread a layer of ricotta and sprinkle over with a generous amount of parmesan, then spread over a layer of lasagne sheets. Repeat once more, until your dish is full. Finish with parmesan and basil.
- Put they tray in the oven for 20-30 mins.