Yellow Zucchini & Tomato Sauce
This dish is ok to serve to babies who are 8 months+ due to the acidity of the tomatoes.
Some days when I am too tired to cook, I keep reminding myself that it’s OK to serve simple meals to the kids. Despite the simplicity of this dish it is still packed with #nutritious ingredients, and most importantly the kids loved it.😄 Hiding the vegetables and turning them into sauces is still the only way to get them to eat. As long as they eat them I don’tmind whichever way they are served.
Served 2 toddlers
- 1/2 cup yellow zucchini puree
- 2 sweet tomatoes .
- 1 tsp olive oil .
- a pinch of garlic powder .
- a pinch of pink salt (avoid for babies under 12m)
- sprinkle of nutritional yeast
- Make the zucchini puree, I steamed my ones. Remove the skin of the tomatoes and finely chopped and move over to a small bowl. Add oil, garlic powder and salt and give it a good stir.
- Heat up a frying pan at medium, add the tomatoes and fry at low heat until they are soft. Add in the zucchini puree and mix until well combined.
- Served with your kids favourite pasta amf sprinkle with nutritional yeast . I served with Spätzle (a type of german egg noddle) So easy & yummy!